Fees and Refunds of the New 2021 Resident Visa
The 2021 Resident Visa is intended to give certainty for migrant workers and businesses in New Zealand who have been critical to our economy while the border has remained largely closed. It is a one-off residency visa and no applications will be accepted post 31 July 2022.
The application fee:
The INZ 2021 Resident Visa fee is $2,160 including GST which includes the application fee and immigration levy fee
Fees for those who’ve submitted EOIs
If you have already submitted an Expression of Interest or an application for Residence from Work under the Skilled Migrant Category, you will only have to pay the difference between what you have already paid and the cost of the 2021 Resident Visa if you withdraw your previous application or EOI. If you have submitted a Skilled Migrant Category application, you will be refunded the difference if you withdraw your previous application.
If you have already paid for a Skilled Migrant Category application or Expression of Interest, a Resident from Work application the process will be:
- You will not need to pay the fee upfront when you submit your application.
- You must pay the application fee once an in-principle decision has been made on your application.
- You must pay the application fee before the application is completed and the final decision is communicated.
- A fee is payable whether the application is approved or declined.
- You will be able to withdraw your Skilled Migrant Category or Residence from Work application and get a refund, which will be applied to the application fee for the 2021 Resident Visa.
- Residence from Work applicants and people who have submitted an Expression of Interest must pay the difference between the application fees before the 2021 Resident Visa application is completed.
- Skilled Migrant Category applicants will be refunded the difference between the two application fees if they agree to withdraw their onhand Skilled Migrant Category application.
- Only the fee part of the application cost will be required. If you have already paid a levy with a previous Skilled Migrant Category or Residence from Work application, you will not need to pay the levy again.
- You must pay the full application price if you do not opt to withdraw your previous skilled residence application because we need to recoup the costs of processing both the 2021 Resident Visa and the Skilled Migrant Category/Residence-from-Work application. There will be no additional levy to pay.
Dependent children aged 25 and over applying under this category will not need to pay a separate fee or levy.
If your application for a residence visa is denied, you will have the same appeal rights as any other candidate for a residence visa. You will be able to appeal to the independent Immigration and Protection Tribunal. If you are not qualified for the New 2021 Residence Visa and want to stay in New Zealand permanently, you can look into other immigration possibilities.
Why would you need a Licensed Immigration Advisor?
This visa category is only open for a short period (until July 31, 2022) and those who are denied may not be able to reapply. Hence, we suggest that you take professional help for an airtight application. Our experienced Licensed Immigration Advisers have assisted thousands of migrants in their visa applications throughout the years. Over the years, our licensed immigration advisors have helped thousands of migrants with their visa applications. We are reputed for our transparency and positive outcomes, making us a trusted advisor in the industry. If you and your family want to make New Zealand your permanent home, we believe that a one-time investment in expert support is well worth it
AJV Global is a New Zealand based ENZ-recognized company. We are an end-to-end education & migration company, with a highly qualified team of advisers licensed by the New Zealand Immigration Advisers Authority and former immigration officers.
Get a call back
You May Also Like
This country has surpassed the popularity of conventional migrant destinations such as the Gulf, etc. as the most desired migrant destination. This is why.Read More
For qualifying temporary and long-term work visa holders and their families, the New Zealand government has established a new one-off Resident Visa scheme.Read More
The applications for the 2021 Resident Visa will be available online and appear to be simple. This is why you should seek the assistance of a Licensed Immigration Advisor while filing your applicationRead More
The total cost of the 2021 Resident Visa, including GST, will be $2,160. Applicants who have a lodged residency or a qualifying EOI might receive fee deductions.Read More
The new 2021 Resident Visa is a limited-time option to live permanently in New Zealand. Here's what you need to know.Read More
The 2021 Resident Visa eligibility requirements are explained in this article in a simplified manner for you to understand well.Read More